Upper Pine Creek Trout Tournament
About the Tournament
The PA Grand Canyon Snowmobile Club is proud to host the Upper Pine Creek Trout Tournament, with specially tagged trout stocked in the creek for the tournament. We provide tournament participants who catch a tagged fish prizes of cash, gift certificates, and services from local businesses, with each prize providing a minimum $50 value, and with many of the prizes bundled together from multiple businesses or individuals. We offer a top-winning prize of $1,000 and we hand out special gifts for kids in our “Start a Kid Fishing” program. As part of the tournament and in partnership with Seneca Resources, we also award three scholarships of $1,000 each to local graduates within the Galeton, Northern Tioga, Southern Tioga, and Wellsboro Area school districts.
Folks love getting out into our area wilds for the weekend and our tournament attracts a lot of attention and participation. We’ve found that local businesses experience a nice surge in customers during the tournament weekend, with participants sharing how much they enjoy the tournament and the time spent with their family and friends exploring Potter and Tioga counties. Sign up and have some family fun with us!
Trout Tournament Rules
- You must be registered prior to fishing to participate in the tournament. If you are under 16, you must still be registered to participate in the tournament.
- Adults must possess a valid PA fishing license. All PA state fishing regulations apply.
- Anyone competing in the tournament must not trespass on private property or litter and must adhere to CDC and Pennsylvania COVID-19 guidelines and requirements.
- To register before the event, fill out an Upper Pine Creek Trout Tournament registration form and send it to the address provided on the form, along with your payment. The registration form can be downloaded from our club’s website or it can be found at many local area businesses.
- If you have registered by mail, you must pick up your tournament badge at the clubhouse BEFORE the start of fishing in the tournament.
- You MUST present your tournament badge to redeem a tagged fish for a prize.
- Any tagged fish caught must be brought to the clubhouse in LIVE CONDITION.
- For in-person tournament registration and badge pickup, the check-in tent at the clubhouse will be open on Friday before the tournament. You may also register at any time during the tournament’s hours on Saturday and Sunday.
- Tournament hours are:
- 2024 DATE TBD from 6 AM to 6 PM, with a 1-hour grace period at the end of the day for redeeming tagged fish, which means we will be at the clubhouse until 7 PM. *
- 2024 DATE TBD from 6 AM to 3 PM, also with a 1-hour grace period at the end of the day for redeeming tagged fish, which means we will be at the clubhouse until 4 PM. *
- No tagged fish will be accepted at the check-in tent in front of the clubhouse after the 1‑hour grace period at the end of the tournament days.
* Note that 6 AM is the earliest you should begin fishing.